JOB TITLE: Shelter Manager
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
HOURS: Full-time SCHEDULE: M-F days, some evening and weekend work required
SALARY: $40,000 - $45,000 annually
Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
SUMMARY: The Shelter manager is responsible for the daily operation of the shelter, including shelter-based advocacy, staff supervision and shift scheduling, public and private grant management and compliance, client program oversight, and, the provision of quality advocacy services to all Turning Pointe’s clients and their dependent children.
• High school diploma or GED required, college degree preferred.
• Training on domestic violence and sexual assault issues and advocacy-based counseling within past three years. Experience in managing and supporting survivors of secondary trauma.
• A minimum of two years advocacy-based counseling experience with a domestic violence/sexual assault survivors services agency.
• Strong supervisory and team leadership, organizational, financial acumen and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to effectively address and resolve conflict amongst shelter staff and amongst Turning Pointe clients.
• Established track record in facility management, client services, program implementation and oversight, team leadership and staff development.