This 23-hour training will satisfy the Office of Crime Victims Advocacy Core Training requirements for therapists treating victims of sexual assault/abuse.
Therapist Core consists of:
- Self-study assignments including online learning modules, recorded webinars or videos, reading and reflection. A total of 9 hours of independent work.
- Seven 2-hour live training sessions (14 hours) online via Zoom. All sessions are 9:30 am - 11:30 am.
- Thursday, 9/10
- Monday 9/14
- Tuesday 9/15
- Thursday 9/17
- Monday 9/21
- Wednesday 9/23
- Friday 9/25.
This course covers:
- Philosophical foundations of social activism, diagnoses for adult and child survivors and assessment strategies.
- Underlying conditions surrounding sexual assault and examines issues related to the dynamics of sexual victimization, rape culture, and anti-oppression theory.
- Trauma/Treatment and clinical approaches pertaining to adult victims of abuse and assault and will include examining issues around diagnosis, assessment, and creating the therapeutic environment.
- Trauma/Treatment and clinical approaches pertaining to child victims of abuse and assault and will include examining issues around diagnosis, assessment, and creating the therapeutic environment.
- This training will count as 23 CEU credits.
WCSAP makes every effort to ensure accessibility for participants that request them. If you need interpreter services, please register as soon as possible for this training.
There is no registration fee for OCVA grantees and WCSAP members.
Not a member? Become a member! Visit our membership page or call Donna at (360) 754-7583 ext 01.
Confirmations will be e-mailed to participants within a week of receipt of registration form.
Deadline to Register
Registration is closed. This course is now full.