For notifications of the next training:
Working with Incarcerated Survivors Orientation for PREA Advocates
This 7 hour online course is an introductory opportunity for advocates who will be working with clients in federal and state prisons, jails, police lock-ups, private facilities, and immigration detention centers. This course will give advocates a basic understanding of what Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) entails and other helpful information to get started working with survivors with these specific considerations.
Course objectives include:
- What is the Prison Rape Elimination Act?
- Advocacy with Incarcerated Survivors of Sexual Violence
- Prison Culture
- Compromise & Manipulation
- Advocacy at the Forensic Exam with Incarcerated Individuals
- PREA Investigations
- Introduction to Safety in Facilities
- In Person Services
- Facility Orientation