This workshop will examine organizational support for sexual assault program staff who belong to communities experiencing systemic oppression. The workshop will assist participants with developing an understanding of the difference between valuing expertise and exploiting experience. Participants are invited to engage in dialogue and small group activities as we unpack what it means to center and support staff who belong to communities experiencing systemic oppression in order to shift the organizational approach of being responsive to a community need, but rather developing an institutionalized commitment to the community. And to critically examine if we are set up to terminate or perpetuate injustice when it comes to having "the one staff" that supports an entire subcommunity.
This is a 2-part webinar series but it is not required to attend both parts. Information on part 2,"Straddling the Line Between Organizational Bravery and Staff Burnout" on November 17, 2021.
- Use the link to register on Zoom is below.
- This events is free to everyone.
- This is part of a 2-part webinar series but it is not required to attend both parts. Please indicate on the Zoom registration if you intend to attend one or both sessions.
- These webinars will be recorded and made available on the WCSAP website if you are not able to attend.
- WCSAP makes every effort to fulfill language or other accessibility requests. Typically we have the most success securing interpreters when requested 2-3 weeks prior to the webinar. Please indicate what would make this event accessible in the Zoom registration.