Online via Zoom
This 23-hour training will satisfy the Office of Crime Victims Advocacy Core Training requirements for therapists treating victims of sexual assault/abuse.
Therapist Core consists of:
- Self-study assignments including online learning modules, recorded webinars or videos, reading and reflection. A total of 8 hours of independent work.
- Seven (7) live training sessions (15 hours) online via Zoom.
- Monday, Feb. 15 (2 hours) 9-11 am
- Tuesday, Feb. 16 (2.5 hours) 9-11:30 am
- Thursday, Feb. 18 (2.5 hours) 9-11:30 am
- Friday, Feb. 19 (2 hours) 9-11 am
- Tuesday, Feb. 23 (2 hours) 1-3 pm
- Wednesday,Feb. 24 (2 hours) 1-3 pm
- Thursday, Feb. 25 (2 hours) 1-3 pm
This course covers:
- Philosophical foundations of social activism, diagnoses for adult and child survivors and assessment strategies.
- Underlying conditions surrounding sexual assault and examines issues related to the dynamics of sexual victimization, rape culture, and anti-oppression theory.
- Trauma/Treatment and clinical approaches pertaining to adult victims of abuse and assault and will include examining issues around diagnosis, assessment, and creating the therapeutic environment.
- Trauma/Treatment and clinical approaches pertaining to child victims of abuse and assault and will include examining issues around diagnosis, assessment, and creating the therapeutic environment.
- This training will count as 15 CEU credits.
Priority registration will be given to Office of Crime Victims Advocacy (OCVA) sexual assault grantees and Washington Coalition of Sexual Assault Program (WCSAP) member]. All other registrants will be admitted on a space available basis. Registration is subject to the approval of WCSAP.
Online via Zoom