The 30-hour Advocate Core training is designed to help new sexual assault advocates provide responsive and effective advocacy to survivors of sexual assault. This training meets the requirements as outlined by OCVA. This training has been designed to increase both the knowledge and skill base for training participants and emphasizes a participant-centered training approach.
Advocate Core is considered an introductory, entry-level sexual assault training designed for new volunteers and staff providing sexual assault services to survivors. It has been intentionally designed for those new to the field and should not be considered a relevant training for those who have been providing sexual assault advocacy for two or more years. Although any advocate is welcomed to attend an advocate core training, it is intended for new staff and volunteers and other training forums will be a better fit for those who have been in the field for some time to obtain new skills and knowledge.
- A mandatory orientation will be held on Wednesday, February 22, 2023 from 9:30-10:30 am PST.
Sessions will be held
- Wednesday, February 22, 2023 — Mandatory Orientation
- Friday, February 24, 2023 — Role of an Advocate
- Monday, February 27, 2023 — Confidentiality & Ethics
- Wednesday, March 1, 2023 — Dynamics of Sexual Violence
- Friday, March 3, 2023 — Advocacy Skill Building
- Monday, March 6, 2023 — Crisis Intervention
- Wednesday, March 8, 2023 — WCSAP Office Closed, In observance of International Womxn's Day
- Monday, March 10, 2023 — Medical Advocacy
- Friday, March 13, 2023 —Legal Advocacy
- Monday, March 15, 2023 — Resilience
All sessions will be 9:30 am - 12:30 pm PST and held via Zoom.
All WCSAP trainings and events include Closed Captioning. If you have additional accessibility needs, please let us know. Please note that while WCSAP will do everything possible to meet your accessibility needs, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so if the request is submitted less than two weeks from the event date as it takes time to coordinate the interpreters.
There is no registration fee for OCVA grantees and WCSAP members.
Priority registration will be given to Office of Crime Victims Advocacy (OCVA) sexual assault services and prevention grantees and Washington Coalition of Sexual Assault Program (WCSAP) members. All other registrants will be admitted on a space available basis. Registration is subject to the approval of WCSAP.
- Not a member? Become a member!
- Visit our membership page.
- Non member registration fee is $300.