Community Sexual Assault Programs (CSAPs) in Washington State receive their funding through the Office of Crime Victims Advocacy (OCVA). Every four years, each CSAP undergoes a rigorous accreditation process, whereby they are audited by an outside agency to ensure that sexual assault survivors have access to quality services across the state.
OCVA is responsible for the accreditation process broadly, including the determination of accreditation standards and the enforcement of the accreditation process. The outside evaluation agency ("accreditor") conducts the accreditation review and delivers each program's score to OCVA.
WCSAP staff provides technical assistance to CSAPs as they prepare for accreditation. This technical assistance varies widely in scope and is developed in response to each program's individual needs. For some programs, this means that WCSAP staff provides assistance and guidance over the telephone. For others, WCSAP staff travels to the CSAP to provide intensive on-site assistance.
- Accreditation Standards from the Office of Crime Victims Advocacy, August 2016
- Service Standards from the Office of Crime Victims Advocacy, March 2016
- Accreditation Toolkit, 2017
The Toolkit has been revised and updated to reflect the changes in Accreditation Standards over the past years. Be sure to check OCVA information on revised Standards as well. This handbook gives you step-by-step information on how to prepare for your accreditation review. No matter where your agency is in the accreditation cycle, you will find valuable information on how to maintain information, manage your program, and remain in compliance with Accreditation Standards.
Accreditation Preparation Checklists
These checklists can help you to keep track of some of the documentation needed for your accreditation review. We suggest that a staff member should review each checklist on an annual basis to keep track of what needs to be done.
- Annual Accreditation Tasks Checklist
- Ongoing Accreditation Tasks Checklist
- Plans Needed for Accreditation
- Policies Needed for Accreditation
- Procedures Needed for Accreditation
- System Coordination Activities Tracking Form DOCX
- System Coordination Activities Tracking Form PDF
- Accreditation Toolkit Sample Forms