In this webinar, participants will learn how to boost and sustain their prevention work by connecting and integrating with existing sexual health education efforts. Violence preventionists can make the most of current national research, the Washington Healthy Youth Act, and Washington Department of Health Guidelines. We will discuss best practices related to STD and teen pregnancy prevention and sexual violence prevention. Preventionists will leave this webinar being able to make the case for why partnerships with sexual health are critical, and how to use this information to get into schools and communities.
* This webinar is focused on laws and guidelines specific to Washington State.
- Healthy Youth Act, Washington State Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction
- 100 Conversations Toolkit, King Co. Sexual Assault Resource Center
- Sexual Violence Risk and Protective Factors, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Research: Efficacy of a Theory-Based Abstinence-Only Intervention Over 24 Months